Friday, June 13, 2008

Ziba

I met a beautiful young woman
her life overwhelmed with pain and sorrow
and although I didn't recognise her
I knew her

I saw her struggling with children
juggling love and desperation
and bewildered frightened kids
and I knew her

I saw the harshness of her life
and the warmth of her heart
and though I didn't know it
I knew her

I felt her vulnerability
admired her strength and hope
and lack of bitterness
and I knew her

How could I not fall in love with you
protect you, support you
come to life before your eyes
most beautiful lover?

For I had found one long since lost
the mum I'd had before she paid the cost
the one I'd forgotten, my beautiful Mother
discovered at last in the eyes of another.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Home from home

Saturday 6 September 2008 at 09:22:00 BST  
Blogger J.A.C. said...

Hi
I was looking around at different blogs of similar interest to mine and I was totally moved by yours. Thank goodness there are people like you in the world.
Your blog is one of the most beautiful and poigniant pieces of work I have seen to date and such an emotive subject. I am also very proactive in protecting the rights of asylum seekers in the UK. Please check out my blog and if its ok, I would like to follow yours.

Sunday 30 August 2009 at 08:21:00 BST  
Blogger MAXIME said...

thank you jimquk / asylum city
powerful, poignant and beautifully expressive visual words....."Flowers of Africa" and "Ziba."

"home from home"......i'm not lonely, i'm with myself. thank you for these words which resonate deep within me.

maxime
melbourne, australia
www.theadventuresofbushybear.blogspot.com

Sunday 6 December 2009 at 23:33:00 GMT  

Post a Comment

<< Home